8 Reasons Why You Should Consider Using a Professional Photographer
I know it may sound cliché, but how many times have you heard “a picture’s worth a thousand words”? Probably too many to count! So how can it be possible that so many real estate professionals continue to market their listings without photos?
What many REALTORS® do not seem to understand is that it does not matter whether it is a multi-million dollar mansion or a short sale property going in to foreclosure.
Regardless of price range or condition, listings with photos generate more interest, sell in fewer days, and sell at a higher price than similar listings without photos.
These results are magnified when professional photography is used. Let’s take a look at some of the reasons why you should be using Professional Real Estate Photography to market your listings:
1. Make a great first impression According to NAR, 89% of all home buyers shop online for their home. As a result, the way your listings look online is one of the most important factors in generating buyer interest. Source: www.realtor.org
2. Get more attention Using professional photos will attract more attention to your listings and result in more clicks by consumers. Studies show that listings with professional photos generate an average of 139% more clicks when compared to similar listings without professional photos. Source: www.picturesdosellhouses.com/realtor-tools/statistics/
3, Make more money Listings shot with professional DSLR cameras sell for more money. According to a study done by Redfin (see image below), these listings sell for $1000 or $100,000 more! That’s a lot of dough, and probably enough to make you feel a little insecure about your photos if you’re NOT using a professional. If you ARE using a professional, print out the image below, and take it with you on your listing presentations. It can help you justify that 6%!
4. Increase your odds for a sale In most price ranges, your listing is more likely to sell if it has professional photos! Check out the image below, from http://www.wallstreetjournal.com. The green bar represents SLR photography and the red is point and shoot. Again, you may want to print this one out and take it with you on listing presentations.
5. Take your marketing to a higher level It’s hard to believe, but 80% of the LUXURY homes on the market are NOT professionally photographed. That means Realtors using professional photography have a big competitive advantage, not only in attaining the listing, but in selling it as well. Source: Redfin.com
6. If your seller is hiring a professional, shouldn’t you? Don’t treat your seller like a FSBO. The seller has opted for a professional Realtor to list and sell their home. You should opt for a professional as well. Do you think they would prefer their Realtor take photos with an iPhone or hire a professional photographer?
7. Even distressed properties will benefit Many Real Estate Professionals will not use a professional photographer when listing distressed properties. What they don’t understand is that an experienced professional photographer will know how to angle the camera to capture the right shots and to show the “possibility” of the property. They will use the right lighting, composition, and post processing techniques to show off the property in the best possible way.
8. Create a constant supply of “Content Marketing” Professional photography can provide you with wonderful “Content Marketing” material. Your professional photos can be used on many social media sites like Pinterest, Facebook, Google+, Linkedin, and Twitter. You can even Instagram them! Check out some Instagram examples here. But be careful how you share. Make certain that you receive the permission of your seller prior to using those photos on your social media sites.
To sum it up, based on recent studies, investing in professional photography is one of the most important things you do when listing a property. But, in order to get the very most out of your photographer, you will want to make sure the home is prepared and ready to go when the photographer arrives.
We had quite the busy weekend here at MMS! Among some of the more interesting shoots, we had the pleasure to photograph the Hayes Siblings on the gorgeous Miami Beaches. Here are a few of our favorites...
As we wait for the arrival of baby Liliana, a little maternity fun photo shoot captures Gigi and Nic's fun loving, nontraditional personalities!
Not a cloud in the sky! On this beautiful friday morning we spent the day in the sun, striking some serious & not so serious poses, and enjoying the excitement of Leilani's future grand entrance!
Jamie and Gus met in Gainesville, Florida while attending the University of Florida and wed where they crossed each other's path. Jamie who is originally from Long Island, New York gathered her close friends and family for a fun-filled weekend. Beginning with drinks at "The Top", followed by floating down the natural Ginnie springs, only to later dancethe night away. The very special ceremony was an incredible memory for all of us who were lucky enough to attend.